International Labour Organization and Corporate Development Agency “CSR Central Asia” are honored to invite you to participate at the expert seminar, which takes place within the frameworks of Global Consultations by International Labour Organization.
«DIALOGUES WITH BUSINESS: PREVENTION OF CHILD LABOR IN THE STRATEGIC BUSINESS AGENDA »
Date: October 31, 2017
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Place: Damas Bishkek, 107 Jumabek st.
The representatives of organizations, who obtain the following features, are invited:
- Positive practice of prevention of exploitation, and creation of favorable conditions for childhood – representatives of companies in Kyrgyzstan, who have corporate policy in the field of child labor prevention, who influence on chain of deliveries in their business, and have experience (or plan to gain) in the implementation of social initiatives in the field of child labor prevention.
- Where it is necessary to introduce refusal practice of child labor usage, according to the available examples of exploitation of children – in the field of agriculture, market, production, textile, tourism, and construction activities.
- Other interested representatives of business and public environment, who are connected with consultations topic (business associations, independent expert business audience, media).
Description of the perspective:
According to the statistical data, about 27.8% of children at the age of 5-17 years are engaged into works that are unacceptable for their age and development. Along with successful practice on protection of childhood which are undertaken by business in Kyrgyzstan, in such branches as agriculture, tourism, trade (markets), construction and manufacturing sectors, – there are still available negative examples of usage of forced and child labor. At the same time, relevance of the perspective increases in connection with obtaining the status of GPS+ by Kyrgyzstan. The GPS+ mode demands from Kyrgyzstan of full implementation of obligations under 27 international conventions, including obligations for eradication of forced and child labor, and creation of the review of an order of realization of goods, according to the international standards.
The ILO urges partners of Kyrgyzstan to take measures to eradicate forced labor, to finish modern slavery and human trafficking and to provide ban and elimination of the worst forms of child labor on ways to achievement of worthy work for all, full and productive employment and inclusive and sustained economic growth. In addition, CSR Central Asia Agency gives technical support to the Initiative through the organization of dialogues with stakeholders, for formation of the agenda in Kyrgyzstan.
Goals and tasks of the consultations:
- To increase awareness of business community on the current state and consequences of the worst forms of child labor in sectors where there is a practice of violation of norms of exploitation of children and the labor legislation;
- To inform about the obligations of Kyrgyzstan for observance of the international labor standards within the GPS+ mode, and the existing experience of implementation of social obligations for child labor in chains of deliveries;
- To define the role and position of business representatives about unacceptability of usage of child labor and forced labor according to the Agenda in the field of sustainable development 2030;
- To define strategy, actions and measures which can be undertaken by the business environment on eradication of child labor in Kyrgyzstan, to certify and monitor observance of the taken obligations within the GPS+ mode;
- To receive feedback from experts, heads of the organizations on topical issues, exchange of information and experience.
The program of the seminar includes the following questions:
- The short review of global and national tendencies of the future in the sphere of labor.
- Discussion of the role and strategies for the organizations of employers and representatives of the business environment in Kyrgyzstan towards achievement of a task 8.7. of Sustainable development goals 2030, and observance of the corresponding obligations within the GPS+ mode.
- The review of labor standards in the field of eradication and prevention of child and forced labor.
- The review of experience of eradication / prevention of child labor in chains of deliveries.
Please, confirm your participation before October 27, 2017 (5:00 p.m.)
via e-mail: email@example.com
or by phone: +996 312 45 66 58, +996 555 998122
Contact person: Kymbat Daniiarova